Walla Walla Nursery is always looking for enthusiastic employees to join our team!
We are a propagation and growing facility that produces starter plugs and containers of perennials, grasses, ferns and shrubs. Our selection includes an ever-increasing variety of native plants and grasses. We are committed to improving the quality of our products and endeavor to be on the leading edge in propagation methods and plant selection.
We are a growing, expanding younger company that offers excellent career potential for the right people. We are searching for quality, dependable individuals with a strong work ethic and commitment to the highest standards of job quality and professional endeavor.
The following are current openings at the nursery. If you are interested in employment with Walla Walla Nursery, but don't see a position that suits you, feel free to submit a resume so that we can contact you as positions become available.
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER
A. Perform any combination of the following duties concerned with nursery plant production and shipment as well as related horticultural activities under close supervision in nursery and greenhouse environments.
- Plant perennials, grasses and shrubs in containers.
- Set out newly potted plants in growing areas in neat and organized patterns.
- Move containerized plants to or between potting, growing and shipping areas using hands, handcarts, tractors and wagons.
- Sort and consolidate plants in plugs and containers.
- Group and cover plants for over-wintering.
- Move, space and prune plants.
- Water, irrigate or mist plants.
- Weed plants in containers.
- Sort and dump dead, inferior or surplus plants.
May also include:
- Conduct ground maintenance, weeding in landscapes and cleanup.
- Help in constructing irrigation systems and installation and maintenance of greenhouses.
- Lay and repair weed-mat.
- Assist in general maintenance activities.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Physically capable of repeatedly lifting 25+ pounds.
B. Maintain professional conduct and performance according to the current WWNC Nursery Policy manual and support management in its goals.
- Assume responsibility for reading, understanding and supporting company policy including seeking or requesting help in translating or comprehending policy where necessary.
- Assume responsibility for personal professional development by seeking training where needed and by practicing self-evaluation in order to improve performance in all job functions.
- Assume responsibility for learning the names of the plants grown by WWNC including both botanical Latin and common names. variety names.
- Develop and practice good communication skills.
or Apply Here at WorksourceWA.